After pondering upon what I should write about, I realized I should share some of my favorite literary quotes! I have read a plethora of books over the course of my life (that's a bit of an understatement), so I have encountered many words of wisdom from some of my favorite characters. Enjoy!
1. " 'I always get lost in the library' he said, 'no matter how many times I go. In fact, I think I get lost there more, the more that I go. Like it's getting to know me and revealing new passages.' "
-Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
2. "When you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worth while."
-Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
3. "If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all."
-John Green, Paper Towns
4. "Without music, life would be a blank to me."
-Jane Austen, Emma
5. "Sometimes your world shakes so hard, it's difficult to imagine that everyone else isn't feeling it too."
-Nicola Yoon, The Sun is Also a Star
6. "So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that can be."
-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
7. "It takes a great deal of our bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
-J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
8. "Why is time like that? Why does it slow down in the places you don't want it to, but it speeds away when you're happy?"
-Robin Roe, A List of Cages
9. "You can't go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is... now."
-Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
10. "The world was hers for the reading."
-Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
I hope you enjoyed reading my favorite literary quotes! They were handpicked from a few of my most loved books. Let me know your favorite literary quotes in the comments below!