The Sunshine Blogger Award
I would like to give a huge thank you to Courtney at paperbackbeaches.com for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am still fairly new in the blogging community, so I really appreciate being nominated!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
Courtney's Questions for Me
1. What's the best book recommendation you've ever received from someone?
A few months ago, my grandmother recommended A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith to me. I fell in love with the book, and it was amazing to share such an incredible story with my grandmother.
2. What are some goals you have for your blog and yourself as a blogger?
One of my biggest goals for this blog is to reach out to teenagers who are active in the YA community. As a teenage YA blogger, I would love to spark interactions between other teen book bloggers. My personal goals as a blogger are to expose myself to new and exciting books through the blogging community.
3. What's your proudest moment as a blogger?
Well, I haven't been a blogger for very long, but my proudest moment was getting my first follower on Bloglovin'. It felt so good to see someone who not only read and enjoyed my blog but wanted to continue reading it in the future.
4. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
This may sound a tad cliche (whoops), but Hermoine Granger. I have read the Harry Potter books countless times, and I always find myself aspiring to be as smart and caring as she is.
5. What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
When the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was a thing, I tried to do it with really cold water and my aunt's nice glass bowl. I flipped the bowl over my head and was so shocked by the cold that I accidentally chucked the bowl across her driveway and it shattered everywhere!
6. Name three shows you've been wanting to watch but haven't gotten around to watching them yet.
How I Met Your Mother, Reign, Jane the Virgin
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world today, where would you go?
I would go to Italy! For the last four years, I have taken Latin, and I would love to see the birthplace of the language I have devoted quite a long time to!
8. What was the name of the last book you picked up, but couldn't finish?
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
9. How were you inspired to become a blogger?
I have always been passionate about reading and writing, so I jumped at the chance to join the book blogging community!
10. Which bloggers inspired you to be a better blogger?
All of the blogs I nominated below! They all have high quality posts and gorgeous blog layouts.
11. What's the name of your favorite book store?
I have to name two. The Little Book Shop and BBGB!
I nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Who is your favorite villain?
3. What is the first book you remember reading?
4. How do you manage blogging and other aspects of your life?
5. Where do you see your blog in five years?
6. What is you favorite part of blogging?
7. List your top three favorite movies.
8. What are your interests outside of blogging?
9. Do you have any pets? What kind(s)?
10. Paperback or Hardcover?
11. What is your favorite book you've read this year?
If you have been tagged before, just know that I love your blog! By the way, this tag is for all bloggers, so you do not necessarily have to tag all book bloggers (but you can)! Thanks for stopping by and make sure to subscribe if you would like to see more!
Hello, My name is Sydney and I enjoy reading books and watching Disney movies. My reading tastes vary, but I often find myself drawn to classic literature and fantasy. I live in the US and will start studying English literature at university next fall. On this blog, I will discuss my love for books and other fun tidbits. Enjoy!