I am super excited to say I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Eram at https://literaryteawither.wordpress.com
I am so grateful to have been nominated and I am excited to see how others will answer my questions!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer their 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Eram's 11 Questions
1. Were you a born reader or did you discover your love for books later in life?
I have loved reading ever since my parents read out loud to me. When I could read on my own, I was never found without a book in my hand.
2. Who or what inspired you to read?
I was inspired to read by my parents and teachers. My parents started reading to me at a young age, so I had constant exposure to books. I also was blessed with many incredible teachers over the years who introduced me to new genres and authors.
3. Which book is your childhood favorite?
This is just about one of the hardest questions I could be asked, so I'll name a few. When I was a toddler, I loved this intro-to-reading Disney Princess book. Then, I was OBSESSED with the Magic Tree House Series. During my late elementary years I could not stop reading the Percy Jackson Series.
4. Do you prefer long books or short books?
If it is a book I am enjoying, then I prefer long books so I can spend more time with the characters! However, I am not opposed to reading short books!
5. Do you think that all readers are on some level "nerds"?
Yes, and there is no shame in being a nerd (coming from a nerd herself :)
6. Which book blogger inspired you to start your own blog?
I was inspired by MANY amazing blogs. One of the ones which inspired me the most was The Introverted Book Nerd. I love her blog and her reviews are wonderfully written!
7. What do you do when you don't enjoy a book at all?
If I do not enjoy the first 100 pages of a book, I stop reading unless I received a copy for the purpose of review. Otherwise, I power through the book for the purpose of providing a honest and constructive review after I finish.
8. Do you read other's reviews on a book before you review it?
No. I think reading reviews from other bloggers could sway my original opinion about a book. After I write a review, I will read other reviews to see how different readers viewed the book.
9. Do you aspire to be a published author? If so, then what genre book will you write?
One of my goals in life is to someday become a published author. As of right now, I would write either a Young Adult or nonfiction book.
10. What is the one thing you struggled with the most at the beginning of your blogging journey?
At first, I really struggled with deciding which blogging platform to use. Ultimately, I decided on Weebly because of ease of use, and the program allows me to manage my blog from my phone.
11. What advice would you give to someone planning on starting their own book blog?
To any potential book bloggers, I have a few reccomendations. First, make a schedule of your future posts. The schedule will provide organization and motivation. Then, use social media to meet new bloggers and gain a following!
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award.
Here are the questions for my nominees to answer!
1, What are you currently reading?
2. What is the top book on your TBR?
3. How do you organize your books?
4. What is your favorite book cover?
5. Name your favorite book-to-movie adaption.
6. How do you come up with creative new post ideas?
7. What do you use as a bookmark?
8. Where do you see your blog in five years?
9. What is your favorite book you've read this year?
10. Paperback or hardcover?
11. Who inspired you to start your book blog?
If you have been nominated before, you may answer the questions if you like, but you do not have to. Good luck!